Crew Signup Link
Crew Signup Form – To apply for crew, please fill in our online application form.
If you have any questions about crewing or your crew application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Signup Links
- To Signup to Help Promote/Flyer/PR Team, please Apply to the Animeleague PR Team
- Panel/Workshop Signups
- Conbook Submissions
All other performer related enquiries, such as DJing, singing, guesting etc, please email email@example.com
Signup To Crew
The Animeleague crew are the people that help to make this convention a reality and to make it enjoyable for all our members. If you’re interesting in volunteering to help out, please read this page and then volunteer using the form at the bottom of this page.
What Kind of Work is it?
Usually a crew member will help to manage queues, serve attendees, act as a runner to move equipment/items around and so forth. When you join crew, you are placed on to a team. Each team has a team-leader who you will report in to and who will look after you over the event.
What do I get for the type of crew I apply to be?
- Part-Time Crew: 7 hours total, one day only (7 hours)
Reasons: Entry to the event on crewing day and a free meal.
- Normal Crew: 14 hours total over two days of the event (7 hours a day).
Reasons: Free entry to the event, free meal on each day of working.
- Extra-Time Crew: 18 hours total over three days. This is 7 hours each day of the event plus 4 hours helping with setup the day before.
Reasons: Free entry to the event, free meal on each day of working and free supporting membership upgrade worth £5.
- You get free entry to the convention and one free meal a day.
- We’re always happy to provide references to people who work for us, so it’s something extra which you can add to your CV afterward.
- You get training and gain experience in a variety of different roles (you may choose from several different roles on offer)
- You get the satisfaction of having helped the convention out. Crewing is also a very easy way to get to know other members of the con, and there is usually a lot of camaraderie between fellow crew members over the course of the event.
What Roles are there?
You pick a team to join which influences what roles you do. These are Video Gaming, Registrations, Operations, Stage, Tabletop Gaming and Cosplay Café.
- Registrations is helping to handle people when they come in such as wristbanding and answering attendee questions
- Operations is responsible for looking after the Queens Building, including dealer care and the talks & panels room.
- Video Gaming is helping the video gaming team and setting up consoles, running tournaments and so forth.
- Tabletop Gaming is helping run RPGs, board games and heavily interacting with attendees.
- Stage is helping with making sure stage is run, taking signups for events and helping with tech.
- There are also a variety of other roles such as photography, technician, presenter and so forth to apply for. There are a limited number oif these roles available so please email us to ask about these!
We encourage those who want to help the event to first and foremost help spread the word. Without massive budgets to spend on mainstream advertising, we rely heavily on our attendees to help with this! You can help promote by –
1. Facebook & Twitter: Help by posting a status about Manchester Anime & Gaming Con, and posting short updates along the lines of “Is anyone going to Anime & Gaming Con this year? It’s an awesome anime/gaming con and you read up on it at www.manchesteranimecon.com”
2. Posters/Flyers: By dropping flyers/posters in to shops, groups, societies and handing to friends it can massively raise awareness. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request some
3. Word of Mouth: One of the most effective ways, make sure to personally speak to your friends and encourage them to check the event out!
4. Promote or link to us on your website/forum/blog: Download a copy of the Press Kit which contains images, buttons, press-releases and further information to use, making it as easy as copy and pasting to write about or link to our event on your website, forum or blog!
5. Banner/Link Exchange and Cross-Promotion: If you’re interested in cross-promoting and gaining traffic, email us on email@example.com and we can explore possibilities. Those who partner up with Animeleague will also be added as a partner on the Animeleague website, a community of over 30,000 members, making it very worthwhile!